Submit Your Proposal
The submission period is complete.
Public voting has started! Voting ends on April 29, 2019.
- The grants challenge is all about making progress on our shared goals and metrics. Read about them here.
- Sign-up for our office hours webinar on March 5th.
- Need inspiration? Browse proposals from past My LA2050 winners on the My LA2050 Ideas Archive.
- Ready to submit? Check out the entry form
- Review the scorecard to see how your proposal will be evaluated
Apply between Thursday, February 28, 2019 (9am Pacific Time) and Friday, March 29, 2019 (midnight, Pacific Time) on this website.
Your application will go through a moderation process to ensure that it adheres to all challenge rules. Applications that make it through the initial vetting will be published on the My LA2050 Grants Challenge website on Monday, April 15, 2019 to allow the public to read about and engage with the proposals.
From Monday, April 22, 2019 (9am Pacific Time) through Monday, April 29, 2019 (5pm Pacific Time), all submissions will be voted on by the public. Public voting will surface 50 finalists - the top 10 submissions in each goal category. The Goldhirsh Foundation will then select two winners from each goal category, to be announced on Monday, June 4, 2019.
View the full timeline.
To apply, organizations will:
- Outline how their proposal will make progress on the LA2050 goals and metrics, including clearly defining a core issue, the desired solution to address the issue, and intended outcome for the proposed activities.
- Provide a plan that describes how the organization will advance the LA2050 goals and metrics.
- Clearly articulate the strategies and tools that will be employed.
- Identify collaboration partners and their respective roles. Collaboration is highly encouraged!
- Submit a detailed budget explaining how funds will be used across the one year grant period.
- Detail any additional desired, non-financial assistance needed from LA2050 to make the project a success.
What are the rules for submitting a proposal to the My LA2050 Grants Challenge?
- The My LA2050 Grants Challenge is open for submissions from Thursday, February 28, 2019 (9am Pacific Time) through Friday, March 29, 2019 (midnight, Pacific Time).
- In order to submit a proposal, log-in and complete the application form.
- US-based non-profit, for-profit, social enterprises, and government agencies with projects serving Los Angeles County are eligible to apply.
- Winning projects must be completed, and the grant award must be expended within 12 months.
- Ongoing projects are eligible for submission.
- Previous applicants and winners of LA2050 grant programs may reapply.
- All projects will be featured on this site by April 15, 2019, and public voting will be open from Monday, April 22, 2019 (9am Pacific Time) through Monday, April 29, 2019 (5pm Pacific Time).
- Public vote: The public will vote on all submissions to the grants challenge. The top 10 submissions in each goal category garnering the most votes will be finalists (50 total).
- Winner selection: From the pool of 50 finalists, Goldhirsh Foundation staff and board will select two winners from each goal category (10 total).
- Applications will be selected using the following criteria: impact on the LA2050 goal and metrics, overall quality of submission, innovation, feasibility, and collaborative spirit.
- Winners of the My LA2050 Grants Challenge will be grantees of the Goldhirsh Foundation and will be required to participate in at least one check-in with an LA2050 team member per month.
- Read all the rules
If you have any questions about the information on this page, please review our FAQs or send us an email at [email protected].